RECOMMENDED VACCINATION PROTOCOL (revised 2016)
1) TETANUS TOXOID – All horses require an annual booster. Booster at time of penetrating injury or surgery if last dose not administered within 6 months.
2) ENCEPHALOMYELITIS (Eastern and Western) –All horses require an annual booster in the Spring.
3) WEST NILE VIRUS – All horses require an annual booster in the Spring or Summer between March and August.
4) INFLUENZA - Competitive and Traveling horses require a booster every 6 months
5) RHINOPNEUMONITIS – Competitive and Traveling horses and Pregnant mares require boosters every three months.
6) STRANGLES – Young horses (under 10), Competitive horses and horses in endemic stables require an annual booster.
7) RABIES - All horses require an annual booster. This is the law in CT.
8) POTOMIC HORSE FEVER - horses exposed to wet pasture in the northeast require an annual
booster in the Spring
9) BOTULISM – annual booster after three dose series required for horses at high risk (round bales or travel)